Running a remote workshop calls for more up-front planning and prep than face-to-face workshops. The same goes for remote retrospectives.
That is why I'm sharing this retrospective plan, with templates (Google Jamboard for now, maybe more later), to help you get your retrospective prep done in just a few minutes!
The Plan: WARP
WARP stands for Wishes, Appreciation, Risks and Puzzles, and those are the categories used in the Gather Data stage of this retrospective plan.
The plan clocks at 1h 15min, but we've managed to squeeze it in a 1 hour timebox with our Flowa fellows. Your mileage may vary and I would say it is better to reserve ample time for discussion than to rush through your retrospective in a hurry.
This remote retrospective plan has been inspired by the excellent Spotify Retro Kit. Check it out for more ideas on retrospective formats!
The 5 stages of retrospective are from the book Agile Retrospectives by Esther Derby and Diana Larsen.
"I'm here for the files"
- Here is the retrospective plan (in SessionLab format).
- And here is the pdf version of the plan
- And here is the Jamboard template to go with it. Remember to create a copy for it for yourself (you can do it by clicking this link)!
Liked it, want more? Or would you like something else?
I'm curious whether this was of use for you. And if yes, would you like more plans and templates like this? If so, please tell me on Twitter or LinkedIn.
And please share this plan so more people can use it.
I'm also thinking about what templates to share along the plans. I've started with Google Jamboard, but I'm open to supporting more. So ping me on Twitter if you'd like me to create templates on Miro etc.
Credit where it is due
- Photo used in the header by Sam Farallon on Unsplash
- Icons in the Jamboard template are from the Noun Project: bomb by icon 54 and Puzzle Piece by b farias
- Retro plan is based on the WARP retrospective described in the Spotify Retro Kit